Friday 11 December 2009

Burgundy and some other colours!

I have now given up on my laptop, and am trying to get things set up on our aging PC. So, I've not blogged for a fortnight! I have made a few cards and gift boxes, and finally finished decorating a mirror I got from Ikea several months ago. I am attempting to upload some pics of these now...
Ok, here's a pic of the finished gift box including the medallion topper, that was one of the projects we did at the workshops I ran in november. We used black card, and embossed with Golden Red embossing powder. On the left is abox I made and decorated with the flowers I made using my Eazi-score board, mentioned in an earlier post.



I have made a few cards for birthdays, Christmas and one sympathy card. I have used burgundy in most of these cards - hence the blog title! The Cat in the Hat card looks a little odd - it was photographed on my green craft mat - the card isn't green! All the other cards were made using stamps from PartiCraft, and a variety of techniques - heat embossing, stamping on acetate, glitter on acetate, cosmic shimmer watercolours and adirondack pens. If you want more details - just ask!







And finally...here is the altered mirror: One of my daughter's friends is going to get it as a birthday present, so I hope she likes it!
The mirror itself is from Ikea, and I was inspired by another PartiCraft demonstrator to have a go...click here to see their mirrors.
I used scrapbook paper to decorate the lower part of the mirror, after painting it with a Radiant rain paint dabber (mallard green). Then made some flowers using my Eazi-score board to decorate the top left hand corner. I'd love to know what you think!
Ok I think that is plenty for now...more soon.

Teri

No comments: