Wednesday 10 June 2009

Medallion cards

This week I've had a go at making a medallion card, with a mounted stamp from Particraft. I've never done one before, but it was not as difficult as I thought it would be! Here's a pic:

I stamped and embossed 4 medallions, 2 in red and 2 in gold Cosmic Shimmer embossing powder. Then I cut out the sections and painted them with Cosmic Shimmer watercolours.
My daughter wanted to make one too, so here's a pic of hers:


She is 11. She chose silver and gold embossing powder, and painted the layers with Cosmic Shimmer watercolour paints. I cut out the layers since she's not too confident with a craft knife.

I may do a workshop or "make and take" using this medallion design (in Cumbernauld) - leave me a comment if you're interested!

Teri x

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Great cards Teri....and your daughters card is fab too....watch out she'll be wanting to be a demonstrator too!!!!!

lol Maria x

Becki and Alan said...

Lovely cards, Teri. The colour combinations work really well. Tell your daughter her card is gorgeous, too. Bet you're proud of her!

Becki
xx

Lynne Gilbert said...

The medallions are really lovely and can be used for all sorts of occasions. Love your colour scheme and your daughters card is brill. As Maria said "watch this space-she'll be helping you with your demonstrations in no time!!!"
lol Lynne. X

Merry said...

These are stunning.