Thursday 30 April 2009

Fab pens...

Hi, I made a card ths morning, and thought I'd try out the Adirondack pens I got from Particraft.


They are great! I stamped an image using black archival ink, let it dry and then coloured it with the pens. You can use them as felt pens, or draw a bit onto a plastic surface, and pick up the ink with a wet paintbrush. New colours can be made by mixing them on the plastic. Lighter or darker shades are achieved by adding more or less water, or painting several coats. I mixed red and green to get the brown for the hair, and all the blue was done using the denim coloured pen, with added water. I managed to get a pale pink for the skin , by using very watery red. I also added a few glittery star shapes by drawing them with Dries Clear glue, and adding Cosmic shimmer glitter. Here's the result:

My kids are off school/nursery for the first May bank holiday tomorrow till Wednesday, so no more crafting till then...

Teri

6 comments:

The Taming of the Glue said...

Hi Teri
Great cards, look forward to seeing more. Thanks for the link...when I get back I'll try to link you on mine. I am known as the computer numpty! Pam

Becki and Alan said...

Hi Teri,

Welcome to the land of Blog! Your cards look great, and I'm looking forward to seeing more of them. Thanks for the link to our blog - I'm just off to upload a link to yours on there.

Becki
xx

Lynne Gilbert said...

Hi Teri
Nice to see you Blogging. It's great fun albeit very time consuming!!! Great cards, look forward to seeing more. Will add you as a link on my blog and I've become your first follower!!!
Lynne. X

Lynsay Joanne said...

Great Blog Teri

I will put a link to your blog on mine, oh and thanks for being one of my followers.

Regards Lynsay

Michelle said...

Hi Teri & welcome to Particraft!!! You've put me to shame now as I still haven't got my blog up & running & now you've come along & done yours within a week!! Well done it's looking great!! Take care & no doubt we'll chat soon on the forum Love Michelle x

Healthcare and IT Professionals said...

Hi,

These cards are funtastic,Nice to see your blogging.
In my point of view a Craft is a skill involving in practicle arts,it may rfer to the particular works or arts.It is really good job.
Plastic Cards.