Thursday 30 July 2009

Tayvallich party

I enjoyed the Particraft party I did on Tuesday, hosted by my Mum :-)
It was in the beautiful village of Tayvallich:



These are three mini-cards I made as a prize for the ice-breaker game. Two use a small lily stamp from the Birthday stamp set, the yellow one I've painted with cosmic shimmer watercolours and the other with adirondack pens. Both have the sentiment stamped using Walnut Stain distress ink. The backing paper "Abigail" from Fancy Pants' Sweet Pea range.

The butterflies were painted with adirondack pens, and I added a few spots of glitter. I used distress ink to stamp the leaf borders.
The ladies at the party enjoyed having a go with embossing, and painting with the cosmic shimmer watercolours. They had lots of ideas, and one even suggested embossing onto a piece of fabric. It worked quite well on polycotton, but denim or 100% cotton might be better. Anyone else tried that?

Teri

1 comment:

The Taming of the Glue said...

Glad you had a good time at the party. I've never tried embossing onto fabric but think I might have to try it now...maybe onto a napkin for Christmas. The village looks beautiful...you're so lucky, all of that glorious scenery.
Pam