Thursday 13 May 2010

Cards, mirrors and bracelets...

Hi, I've finally managed to get some pics from my camera to the blog..so here's a couple of pics of cards I did as samples for one of last month's workshops. We were using masking to create stamped cards. In the first one I stamped the boy first, then masked him and stamped the animals, so thye look as though they are behind him.  I used distress ink to stamp the animals, rather than give them the black outline you'd get with black archival. This one's an easel card. The stamp images are from the Safari A5 stamp set from PartiCraft.
The second card uses masking too, but this time I just used one stamp - the present from the Birthday A5 stamp set. I painted it with distress inks, and used a borderabilities die to cut the purple border.
Here's a pic of a mirror I decorated using the Jungle, Safari and Monkeys stamps, I sold this one to a little boy.  Hope he's enjoying having it hanging in his bedroom. 

And finally, here are a couple of pics of some bracelets I have been making to sell at the Charity fashion show on Saturday:I've used several stamp sets from partiCraft to make these, including the new religious 4 set.  The ones laid out flat are made from recycled or re-purposed leather.  The images were stamped and embossed onto the leather.  The ones shown fastened, are grungeboard - Sheena Douglass-style.
The Charity fashion show on Saturday evening is at 6.30pm at Cornerstone House, Cumbernauld. Tickets are £5, includes soft drink and nibbles.  There will be a catwalk show, raffle, plenty of second-hand clothes to buy, as well as handmade jewellery and the bracelets pictured above.Contact me for more info.  turning into a long post, if you're still reading, thanks!

WORKSHOP NEWS

Tomorrow's workshop (9.30 till 11am, at Cornerstone House) will be covering heat embossing and painting with cosmic shimmer watercolours, they are fab!'s still places available, contact me if you want to come.

PARTICRAFT PARTY

I am demonstrating at a PartiCraft party in Garelochhead tomorrow night, so if you are coming, I look forward to meeting you, it's going to be good.  Feel free to bring a friend.  If you haven't been invited but would like to come, please email me before 3pm Friday (link on sidebar).

Better go and do some crafting ;-)

Teri

1 comment:

Kate's Cards said...

Good luck with the charity event. Hope you sell loads.