Wednesday 6 January 2010

Jungle stamps

Happy New Year!

It was my birthday just before Christmas, and I got some fabulous jungle stamps! So here's my first attempt at a card: I used distress inks to colour the background and to colour the stamped images, and cut a wee hole for the hippo's legs, so she looks like she's in the water. What do you think?
If you'd like to see more cards made with these stamps, check out Sue's blog posts here and here. She's made some great cards, and there's some from a follower on there too - click here to see them.
It was a friend's 70th birthday in December too, so I made her this card with the BIRTHPLAT stamp set. I used cosmic shimmer watercolours to colour the presents, and distress ink for the background to the sentiment stamp.
And then it was my eldest daughter's birthday after new year, so I made her this card using the UMCGGIRL stamp set from PartiCraft. Both these stamp sets are very versatile - they can be coloured to suit the recipient. My daughter likes purple, so I included a lot of purple in the card.
This month's free gift from PartiCraft is a valentine's theme - looks like a great selection of hearts etc - take a look.
to get hold of this stamp set all you have to do is host a demonstration party - invite some friends round and I will come and demo some products/techniques for you - you can earn free products from the catalogue as well. For more info contact me (email link on the sidebar - or comment on the blog).
Happy crafting
Teri x

1 comment:

The Taming of the Glue said...

The jungle stamps are great fun. Well done!
Pam x