Thursday 11 March 2010

Borderabilities and birthdays

Hi,
I thought I'd show you a pic of this birthday card I made for my husband, the design is one Sue Wilson (see her blog here) did for Papercraft essentials magazine, a few months back. It's a step card. My husband saw it in the magazine, and liked it, so I had to make it for him. I changed it a little as she had used the "Murray" character from Murray and Ethel holding the cake, and I don't have those stamps :-( I used the explorer from the Safari stamp set instead, cut off the net and drew my own cake! The colouring is all done with cosmic shimmer watercolours, except the cake, which I drew and coloured with fineliner pens, and the images were all stamped with black archival ink and embossed with clear embossing powder. And here's an easel card I made with one of the borderabilities dies out of the set I bought at the SECC, and the Happy Birthday stamp from PartiCraft. The patterned papers are Fancy Pants and I distressed with shabby shutters around the Happy Birthday, and I used walnut stain and shabby shutters on the die-cut/embossed edge. My 4-year old stuck on the foam letters, and they hold the card up nicely!

PartiCraft have some fabulous new stamp designs out now, click here to go have a look. There are new girly designs, space/aliens, undersea, military, squirrels etc from Sam Poole as well as the new lavender and create-a-scene sets from Sheena Douglass, something for everyone!
I'm off to prepare for tomorrow's workshop...it's going to be good!
TTFN
Teri

1 comment:

The Taming of the Glue said...

I bet your husband will love that card, it's fantastic. Pam x