Friday 5 March 2010

A pyramage experiment...

Hello,
Here's the "pyramage" type card I mentioned yesterday. I've seen quite a few people making cards in the pyramage style, either using pre-cut sheets, or using nestibilities to cut the shapes out. I don't have a die-cutting machine (yet...) so I have made this using a Fiskars shape cutter template - it has several different size ovals on it. I used the Lilies stamp from PartiCraft, and stamped it 4 times onto white card with black archival ink, and embossed it with clear embossing powder. Then I cut out 4 different ovals, taking care to get each one in the centre of the picture.
I used one of the "left-over" pieces as the lowest layer in my pyramid.
Here it is, painted with cosmic shimmer watercolours and layered up with foam pads.

Here's a pic from the side, so you can see (sort-of) the layers.And this is the finished card. I used green pearl paper as a mat and cut little slits in the corner's to tuck in the corners of the pyramid. The background paper is some I got from "payperbox" last year at the SECC.
I'm quite pleased with the way it turned out, and would love to have your comments.
At my workshop next week we will be having a go at doing this pyramage-style topper...though we may use different stamp images - bring your own if you want...
tomorrow I'm off to the Craft show at the SECC, can't wait :-)
Teri x

3 comments:

Jayne Owen said...

Excellent idea, I knew you could use papers but had never thought about stamps. Looks good

Jayne Owen said...

and opps, sorry mean't to say enjoy the SECC!

The Taming of the Glue said...

That's a great effect and it's always good to use stamps in a different way. Have fun at the show and don't spend too much! Pam x