Monday 15 March 2010

something a little different

On Sunday I'd been invited by a friend to go to a Bead Fair and a Jewellery workshop...we had a great day out. I've never seen so many beads, and there were so many different kinds. Some beautiful silver leaf pendants, and lovely lampwork glass beads. We watched a demo of how to make your own glass beads, he made it look easy, but I'm sure he's had years of experience! I want to give that a try now...maybe one day.
The workshop was good, we made a crazy wire necklace, which was much easier than I thought it would be. here's a pic of the one I made: I used all blue beads but some people had brought 2 colours and it looked very striking with red and black beads.
Bye for now,
Teri x

2 comments:

The Taming of the Glue said...

That's really lovely. It's always good fun to try a new craft. I love using beads on cards so I just don't go anywhere I could buy them...too much of a temptation! Pam

Jayne Owen said...

I like it, its a good craft but something else that can become obsessive I should imagine lol