Monday 8 March 2010

playing with my new toy... and Polkadoodles challenge entry

Hi, I had a great day out at the SECC on Saturday, and bought a new toy - a Big Shot embossing and diecutting machine. I got the Victoria embossing folder with it, so I've been embossing everything in sight, with lots of help from my 4 year-old. Here's my first card - a mother's day card. this is my entry for the polkadoodles week 9 challenge - stamping and wings. I stamped the dragonflies from the Butterfly1 plate (available from PartiCraft) with archival black ink, and painted them with distress inks (broken china and walnut stain).This is the inside of the gate-fold card. I've cut this image from Fancy Pants paper "Abigail".
Would you believe me if I told you the silver card I've embossed is actually the carton from apple juice! Here's a pic of the other side in case you don't believe me!




I did buy a borderabilities cutting/embossing die set too, so will be playing with that too. Just need to get some tan embossing pads, and then save up for some nestibilities too...
One of my little sisters is turning 30 at the weekend, so I decide to make her a special card. I loved lynsey's mini-book idea when I saw it last year (click here to see her tutorial) so I thought I'd give it a go. I found some old pics of her as a small child (at similar ages to her own kids now) so i scanned them and printed them out.. and here's the result:
I used a sheet Fancy Pants "Best friends" double-sided scrapbook paper
(12"x12") to make the book, and embellished it with various bits from my stash, and stamped a few images on it.

That's all for now...got a few birthday cards to make so best get on!
thanks for visiting
Teri x



3 comments:

FauxPainter - Dee Paramour said...

I love the use of re-cycled stuff on cards. Thanks for entering the Polka Doodle challenge.

Luv Dee xxx

The Taming of the Glue said...

I bet your sister will love her mini book and great use of the orange juice carton! You'll never regret getting the Big Shot!!
Pam x

Nettie said...

They are fab tools aren't they. Fab card.x