Thursday 18 March 2010

Grungeboard wrist bands...and card for an 18th.

This week I've had a go at making bracelets or wrist bands from grungeboard. I saw Sheena Douglass make them on Ideal World a couple of months ago.  So I've made a few different designs and I hope to sell them at a fair on Saturday...let you know how that goes!

Also, it was a friend's 18th this week so here's a couple of pics of the card I made her:
I used numbers printed out from the computer as stencils, and then matted them onto pearl card and cut them out.  The patterned paper is from Dovecraft's Retro Floral Prints pack. I printed out her name, and stuck it inside, with a border cut with a borderabilities die. I'm entering it in the week 10 polkadoodles challenge - milestone/special birthday. 

At tomorrow's workshop we will be stamping on acetate and using crystal lacquers to make a card along the lines of this one: 
                                                                                              So, I better go and get everything ready...
TTFN
Teri x

8 comments:

FauxPainter - Dee Paramour said...

Great cards, and fab colours. Thanks for entering the Polka Doodles challenge

Kate's Cards said...

I love your wrist bands. I also saw Sheena's show and bought all the stuff, but haven't got round to experimenting. I would be very interested to hear how they sell and if they do well how much you decided to charge! Hope you don't mind me being nosey, but I find pricing for gifts a tricky one.
Hope you sell lots of stuff!!
Kate

Teri Louise Crafts said...

Hi Kate, thanks for the encouragement. The fair I was at today was very quiet and I didn't sell any cards or bracelets :-( I'd put them at £3, but no one showed any interest, so I don't think it would have made a difference if they'd been cheaper. Few of the tables made more than just covering the cost of the table! I think the weather was so nice and sunny most folk were outside enjoying it, not coming in to the sale! Maybe better next time! Teri

Kris said...

Sorry for the diffucluties with Nr. Link. I love your gatefold card - yummy colors. Thanks for playing at Polkadoodles this week...Kris

Kate's Cards said...

Sorry it was so slow. I did a craft fair a couple of weeks ago and only made £23.00 (of course this is what I took after taking of the cost of the stall and not the cost of the materials.) I have noticed a down turn over the last year or two! However I continue to sell quite well at my place of work and to family. My hope of card making instead of my partime job is a fantasy I fear! However the pleasure is in the making and designing so I will keep on making cards. I do give some cards to charity, but many of the shops are over run with them!
Thanks for chatting - I am a lone crafter and sometimes feel a bit lonely. It's nice to chatter to like minded people. Keep up the blog as I love my craft blogging and recently won Particrafts blog candy which was amazing as I never win anything! Aren't I lucky!!
Happy crafting.
Kate

Kerry said...

Pretty 18th birthday card, love the hanging numbers. Thanks for joining in at Polkadoodles this week.

Claire Phillips said...

Lovely card - fab colours - thanks for playing at Polkadoodles . Cheers Claire x

Fliss said...

A gorgeous card Teri. Thanks for sharing and playing along at Polka Doodles this week.
x